The first bite is taken with the eye!
What should a new start-up with no experience in this space look for when they choose to invest in a design agency?
WFP 31 | The First bite is Taken With The Eye: Packaging & Design | Amanda Jackson
In this episode we cover:
- What should a new start-up with no experience in this space look for when they choose to invest in a design agency?
- What to consider when buying design.
- If you are a start-up, what you will you need to start the design process.
- The most important factor in the success of a food and drink brand, aside from the quality of the product itself.
- Tips for starting a productive business relationship with a designer.
- Amanda shares what the lessons she has taken away from working with entrepreneurial clients.
Amanda has worked in the London design industry for 12+ years, as well as a stint in Shanghai leading a team of 15. In 2012 she founded Jackdaw Design and works for food and drink clients, with a focus on branding and packaging. Recent projects include the award-winning packaging for Claudi & Fin, and a new visual identity for tea sommelier Nicola Greenwood, Greenwood Tea. Alongside her practice she is a design industry mentor for Kerning the Gap and a Visiting Tutor on the BA (Hons) Visual Communication course at Arts University Bournemouth.
Facebook Group Link:
Free Audio Course Link:
Richard Reeves Interview:
Thank you for listening! You can find more free resources on my website at www.femalefoodpreneurcollective.com. If you want bespoke help, drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org. My experience is as follows:
- Ex-Banking Consultant
- Food Business Consultant
- Content Marketing Expert
- FoodBev Food & Drink Judge for 2017/18
- Virgin Start-Up Mentor
- Food Business Podcast Host
- Guest Business Writer.
- Monthly Networking Event Host
- Facebook group Host For food entrepreneurs.