Cheryl is the founder + CEO of PieShell, a new reward-based crowdfunding site exclusively for food + beverage entrepreneurs.
You will need a notebook for this one! Also invite the whole team to listen to this one! You may even decide crowdfunding is not suitable for your business after listening.
Cheryl is the founder + CEO of PieShell, a new reward-based crowdfunding site exclusively for food + beverage entrepreneurs. Cheryl took her 18 years of experience installing the ERP system SAP at fortune 500 companies and her lifetime of helping her family with their own food startups, to create PieShell. Excuse the audio quality of the last 5 minutes or so of the recording but it was just too good to slice off!
In this episode we cover:
- What crowdfunding is.
- The importance of the pre-marketing activity.
- Why email marketing is so important during a crowdfunding campaign.
- Why you need to know where your customers are now before you start crowdfunding.
- Why Facebook is still one of the highest engagement platform for crowdfunding.
- How to respond to consumer expectation to know more about founding teams and the desire for more personalisation.
- Why food can be a challenging product to crowdfund.
- What happens to brands if they have run an unsuccessful campaign?
- What research should you be doing before the campaign starts?
- Campaign Video Tips
- How much money should a brand try to raise on their first attempt?
Website – pieshell.com
Twitter – @pieshell
Facebook – @pieshell
Thank you for listening!
I help food brands create powerful premium brands. Sign up below for a free 5 day audio course to create your powerful premium brand.
If you want bespoke help, drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
My experience is as follows:
- Ex-Banking Consultant
- Food Business Consultant
- FoodBev Food & Drink Judge for 2017/18
- Virgin Start-Up Mentor
- Food Business Podcast Host
- Guest Business Writer.
- Monthly Networking Event Host
- Facebook group Host For food entrepreneurs.